8/11/11

Staying strong through blogging

So, I haven't bounced back up yet-- I really expected to! It seems both Hubs and I see our weight fluctuate up and down, but with an overall downward trend. That's the good news!

I have found recently that as nice as it is to be doing this with Hubs, sometimes it is still difficult. He loses so much faster than me and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall some days. What helps me get through those times is blogging-- both writing and reading. I have really enjoyed reading two blogs in particular: http://purplerosy.blogspot.com/, and http://www.meandjorge.com/.

PurpleRosy has been on the BFC for a long time and her start weight was similar to mine (though hers was less). I like reading her blog because she totally gets the frustration and seeing a long road ahead. I know that the BFC is not (and cannot ever be) a short-term solution. I will need to do this forever. I really want my kids to grow up with healthy attitudes towards food and I can't provide that for them how I was.

Me and Jorge also has a long-ish history, so it's nice to go back and read her earlier posts. She was one of the early participants in Cruise's program as it was being developed. I think her story is even included in the book, but she said a lot of the details had been changed. Anyway, she has lots of good ideas for substitutes and the blog is just generally fun to read.

On a different note, I've been feeling the urge to get back into yoga. I've done yoga in patches here and there and it always makes me feel amazing. I just love the progress you can see in yourself, the change in posture and confidence. Also, I usually get up from a session feeling like I just had a massage and nap! Pretty good stuff!

No comments: