5/11/09

Admitedly, this isn't always so easy...

Well, life certainly is stressful sometimes. That makes for some strong cravings... add to that the fact that I forgot to take the PhenD on Saturday and rehearsal ran long and you have one crabby chocolate-deprived girl. I'm doing my best though.
According to the Wii last night, I have lost 1.2lbs this week. I won't make it to the weight doctor until Thursday, so we'll just have to wait for a formal number. 1.2lbs isn't bad, but it isn't great. And I know exactly why is isn't great.
It all boils down to my dislike of sandwiches. I don't know when this happened, but I generally don't enjoy them. They're OK (and sometimes even delicious) with the right kind of bread and fillers. Lately, however, I am just plain tired of them. The bread sticks to your teeth and the stuff inside is rarely very good. Lunchmeat can never be more than lunchmeat.
So, what did I do? Well, you probably read about the Church's chicken experiement (must never do that again) and then there was the going out for a "salad" (it ended up being 1/2 a chicken slider and a salad) during rehearsal. That all adds up. But I did my best and considering the fact that I am feeling the full pressure of imminent joblessness... I think I did OK.
But, that's all about to change, isn't it? I will get a job soon enough (I've been promised!) and will be able to support myself. So, I don't need to feel stress. I just need to keep plugging along. Also, Rusty said that he would be happy to let me stay with him until I find a job. I told him I could be his cook. He laughed, but then said he'd pay me for it-- room and board (assuming I'm still unemployed). I'm so lucky to have such a generous brother! I have no idea how things are going to work out, but it's great to know that I have options if things go south.
I just feel really blessed right now. It's so wonderful to have a great family support system and to be such good friends with my family members on top of that! Life is ok in the end.

This week: -1.2lbs
Total: -12lbs

No comments: