7/8/11

Slow and steady

Well, it's been a tough few days eating-wise. I've been tired of the same-old, same-old so I was trying to change things up a little. I haven't strayed from the plan, but it was harder later in the day when I ate too many carbs earlier in the day. Also, I haven't been getting enough sleep, so I'm tired all the time. This makes me want carbs more than usual. I just need sleep!!

This weekend we're going to visit my family in Colorado which I'm pretty excited about. But I know my family-- we're all about eating when we get together. I need to remember that and see situations for what they are-- social situations, not food situations. At least the family is all aware of what we're doing, so they'll be nice about it. I hope.

Sometimes it seems like people get all bratty about it. It's like they feel guilty for not doing anything about their own unhealthy situation, so they try to talk you down. Like, "Don't get rid of your fat clothes!" What? Are you kidding me? Way to be supportive! That's just not cool. I try not to talk about it too overly much with people because I don't want to be annoying, but I am very excited about it still. This may be the best change I've ever made for myself.

Btw-- Hubs has lost more than 25lbs now! He's doing so great! I'm doing okay, too. It's just slower. Which is OK with me as long as I keep losing. :)

No comments: