6/3/15

Progress!

I am not going to lie-- I'm a little disappointed that I didn't see a big loss after starting again. The first time I did the Belly Fat Cure, I lose a ton of weight the first week. That has never happened again. Oh well.

I did have some success, though! I lost 3 lbs the first week which is great! My body generally seems to lose only every other week, so I need to keep that in mind. Also, I had my period last week and I always gain water weight with that. So, I probably am right on track for my normal weight loss. Going forward, I realistically expect to lose 1.5 lbs one week and then nothing the next week. I'll be happy if I can keep up that pace.

Being off sugar has been amazing. I feel so much better-- so much more energy, no brain fog, etc. I've had one really hard craving day, but I didn't give in. :) The one thing I've been doing that might become a hindrance later is that I've been eating sugar free ice cream treats. I know the artificial sweetener is no good for me, but it has made this go around fairly painless so far.

So, two things I wanted to mention: One-- I am adding exercise into the mix. I don't think my body is going to lose like I used to without it and I really want to be healthier, not just thinner. I am so out of shape!!! Hubs got me Just Dance and I didn't really think it would be much of a work out, but I am just that out of shape. Hey, if I can get myself to be slightly out of breath and sweating, it must be doing some good!

Two--I am so proud of myself! I was sick last week and I didn't cheat! That might not be a big deal to many people, but to me it's huge! There are a few situations that I can almost guarantee that I'll cheat in and being sick is one of them. I will either get a Coke or eat chocolate ice cream. Something! But, not this time! I just remembered that I use food as a coping mechanism too often and that I will feel better in the long run if I don't cheat. I was right!

No comments: