7/17/15

Feel a plateau coming on

Last time I lost on the BFC, I had a very distinct pattern-- lose, plateau, lose, plateau. Basically, I lost weight every other week. The off weeks, I usually lost nothing, or next to nothing. Well, folks, I've had two really awesome weeks, so I just know my weigh-in Monday is going to be a plateau. I'm good with that.

No, I'm not. I keep trying to pep talk myself and remind myself it's a long journey and I need to be patient. But I'm terrible at patience!!! I don't want it to be slow, I want to have big, dramatic losses every week! Every day would be even better!

But here's the thing: Yes, I'm trying to lose weight, but more than that, I want to keep it off. I am so, so tired of the yo-yo and so, so tired of being fat. I want for once to be a "normal" size. I know I'll probably never be totally satisfied with my body, but I'd like to at least be able to buy a "Large" at a store and have a shot that it will fit me. How amazing would that be??

And I don't ever want to go back. Ever. I want there to come a time when people don't even remember what I looked like when I was fat.

And I want to be healthier. For the rest of my life, I want to be able to think, "I'm so glad I lost all that weight because now I'm healthier."

All that takes time. I know it does. It's just--just--I want it all NOW! Or I want to be able to keep it all in view at least. And when I plateau, it's hard to remember that it's all part of the process.

Sigh. Oh well.

No comments: